Friday, December 12, 2008

And Now for Something Completely Different

Okay, it's not pastel! But one thing I like to do every year is make my own Christmas wreath. I have a big yew shrub in my front yard and I try to keep it from growing too tall. So every spring I trim the top down to be level with my porch railing, but it puts up new shoots all summer long. So every December I trim off all the new shoots, and then make them into a wreath!

I have a wire frame, which I use year after year. This year I went on a "Conifer ID Walk" at the Van Vleck Estate with my friend Karen. There were tons of pine cones and holly leaves and things just lying on the ground, so  I picked a few up, and added them to my wreath! My big expense were the three birds I bought this year, about $2.50 each at AC Moore

And I think it's a fine wreath, and all my own. I don't think I could like it more if I'd spent $65 to take the wreath-making workshop at Van Vleck!

1 comment:

  1. Wow..you have been busy since my last visit...I love your wreath. I have never seen one that nice in any store...Michelle..

    ReplyDelete