Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Finlay's quilt


Gee, my granddaughter Finlay will be 8 months old this week, and I suddenly realized that I had never posted a picture of the baby quilt I made for her! On Facebook, yes, but not here. I discovered Magrieta's Quilt Shop in St. Augustine, and they sell the most luscious fat quarters of fabrics I totally fall in love with. So Finlay's quilt is wild and crazy as it's made from all sorts of cool fabrics I just loved so much I couldn't narrow down my choices as to what to include in the finished product. Their only unifying theme is that they all have some of the same purple shades, and there is an asian feel to the patterns.


Even the back is a quilt! And a little less busy than the front. Here I got to use the butterfly fabric I had also bought that I just could *not* work into the front of the quilt. I like making baby-sized quilts. They can be done pretty quickly, though getting the letters of her name right was a bit finicky. But all in all it was a fun project and I like the quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment